THIS is why I do what I do.
So I had a rough day today, haven’t been feeling well. I’m in the middle of working on a show that I’m directing, feeling uninspired, plus being sick enough to go home early from work & scraping my car against a fence while trying to not to hit a car that shouldn’t be parked in my parking pad… all in all a crappy day.
So I’m playing online (yeah it’s pushing 2am, oh well), prepping for the webinar I’m giving tomorrow on Facebook, as well as doing some other stuff on my association’s Facebook page & on tweetstream when I get a Facebook IM from a PA student I know. I’m not going to say his name b/c I didn’t tell him I was writing about this & that would be rude. Anyways, he says he’s nervous about starting clinical rotations, asking advice, needing someone to talk to.
I’m honored that he came to me & reached out. We had a brief chat, I assured him that he just needs to trust himself & what he’s learned. The fact that he cares so much to get that nervous & overwhelmed shows me that he cares enough about what he’s doing to be a fantastic PA. During the course of the conversation it seems that he thinks I’m also a PA, which of course I corrected because it’s not true, though I offered to get him in touch with the PAs on staff so that he can ask questions about what to expect, etc.
Anyways, the reason this means so much to me is because it means I’m making a difference & building relationships with & between the PAs I work so hard for. It’s anecdotal validation for myself that what I’m doing means something. After all, that is what I want more than anything – for the work I do to mean something and I feel like it does.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Filed under: Social Media | Leave a Comment
Tags: Customer Service, Personal Connections
- RT @WillyFerrell: I don't have words. How can you plead for peaceful protest when you show up like this? #Ferguson http://t.co/gRNiT2xUAP 1 day ago
- [Disclosure:Client] RT @mileskathleen Exploring the philosophy behind #Interstellar: Why is the universe like this? - ow.ly/EWmex 1 day ago
- Back to the cold. From 75 to 40's, a wonderful recipe for a sick weekend. (at @flylaxairport in Los Angeles, CA) swarmapp.com/c/aSIIEcxcDdG 1 week ago
Become a YAPstar!
This work by Lynn Morton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at lmorton13 [at] gmail [dot] com.