Getting Hardcore with Twitter Analytics
Disclosure: PowerPivot is a client of mine, and the awesome chick in the blue shirt in the video is someone I work with often. In no way has the PowerPivot team asked me to write this post or talk about the tool. I thought it was awesome and useful to my readers, hence why I’m sharing.
So it’s not often that I run across a Twitter analytics tool that I feel like warrants talking about. Most of the time, tools are flashy, visually appealing, but leave me questioning “but what do the pretty charts mean?” Tools tend to be surface level. They don’t let me splice and dice the data in the way I want, so I end up coming up with some way to extract the insights that I need.
No more when it comes to Twitter. The Microsoft PowerPivot team has developed an add-in for Excel 2010 which leverages PowerPivot to give you power over your Twitter data. And best of all… it’s FREE.
They also created the below awesome video to introduce individuals to this tool. Now it may be too powerful for some of those newer to Twitter, but definitely will give those hardcore users the control that they are craving.
So to get started:
- Make sure you have Excel 2010.
- Download PowerPivot. (Free Download)
- Download the Excel add-in for Twitter. (Free Download)
- Get hardcore with your Twitter analytics.
- Enjoy the awesomeness. :)
If you end up trying it out and have any feedback I’d love to hear your experiences.
Any other Twitter analytics tools you use that you find useful?
Filed under: Analytics, Twitter | 11 Comments
Tags: Analytics, Business Intelligence, Excel 2010, PowerPivot, Social Media, Twitter
- [Now that's good customer service] Read Airbnb's hilarious response to this poster's sexy photos ow.ly/3nEmz5 19 hours ago
- Politician resigns after 8-year-old masturbation joke surfaces on video ow.ly/3nCmIm 2 days ago
- Eating dinner during Circulatory System. #firstconcert #nmhmpp @ Merriweather Post Pavilion instagram.com/p/q5MbwzM2-z/ 3 days ago
Become a YAPstar!
This work by Lynn Morton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at lmorton13 [at] gmail [dot] com.